若手機瀏覽器有下載解壓失敗,需要密碼,TXT文本亂碼等現象,請換手機瀏覽器下載,推薦:搜狗,谷歌,QQ,UC手機瀏覽器
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[美國] 為什么大多數印度人不用衛生紙?[美國quora]

[復制鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表于 2018-1-12 23:13:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

quora網友

Why do most Indians not use toilet paper?

為什么大多數印度人不用衛生紙?

===========================================

評論翻譯

Why do most Indians not use toilet paper?

Gopalkrishna Vishwanath, True Indian, who feels at home anywhere in India.

Updated Aug 15

Short Answer: Because we feel it is unclean. We are repelled by it.

And now my usual ramble for those who don’t mind my doing so:

Veg or Non Veg?

Theism or Atheism?

Capitalism or Communism?

Abortion: Sinful or Free choice?

點贊5600次。

答者背景:

印度人,男,已退休軟件工程師,頭發花白,有孫女,住在班加羅爾。

簡短的回答:因為我們覺得不干凈。

我們被衛生紙搞怕了。

那些不介意我這樣做的人,通常會漫不經心地問我:

你是素食注意者還是肉食主義者?

你是有神論還是無神論?

你信仰資本主義還是共產主義?

你認為墮胎是有罪還是無罪?

----------------------------------------------

Like the above topics, Dry wiping using toilet paper or washing with water using the left hand is one subject which will divide the East and West with no prospects of a compromise.

In my discussions with Westerners I find that they are as strongly repelled by the Eastern habits as we Easterners are with the Westerner’s habits. East is east. West is west.

I personally use a hand held water jet spray. Our overhead tank is on the fourteenth floor and I live on the sixth floor. The water pressure does an excellent job.

就像上面這些話題一樣,使用衛生紙干擦,還是用左手拿水沖洗,這是東西方文化的分水嶺,沒有任何妥協的前景。

在與西方人的討論中,我發現,東方人和西方人互相排斥對方的某些生活習慣。

東方的是東方的,西方的是西方的。

我個人使用的是手持式噴頭。

我們的水箱是在14樓,我住在6樓。水壓也挺正常的。

-----------------------------

I point the spray where I should and the water jet does the job, without my hands having to touch anything.

You get the best of both worlds. You don’t touch your poop and neither do you smear your poop in a thin layer and stay dirty all day long. If there is toilet paper available, I may use it do dab myself dry after washing myself with water or else I just allow the water drops to fall off. A little dampness is no issue. The underwear absorbs it and I come out feeling relieved, fresh, cool and clean down there.

For good measure I also wash my hands with soap, casually, and not in a paranoid way like Lady Macbeth imagined.

我把噴頭對準應該對準的地方,高壓水柱清洗應該它清洗的地方,我的手不需要去碰。

這樣不就兩全其美了嘛!

你既不需要去碰你的便便,也不需要把你的便便涂成薄薄的一層、然后一天都臟臟的。

如果有衛生紙,我會在沖洗后用紙擦干,或者我會讓水珠自己落下風干。

有點潮濕是沒有問題的。內褲可以吸水的,這樣我會感到舒緩、清新、涼爽,那兒比較干凈。

另外,我也用肥皂洗手,所以啊,不要像麥克白夫人想的那樣偏執嘛!

----------------------------------------------------

Leela Prasad, dream chaser ,game changer

Updated Sep 14

Sorry for deviation in my answer. But I am sure you will get a new perspective, root cause of the habit of not using toilet paper.

1 Why indians never use toilet paper?

2 Why westerners use toilet paper instead of water?

3 Why westerners never use their hand to eat food; why do they use spoons and forks?

4 Why westerners eat bread and meat why not rasam,dal rice?

5 Why westerners use tie and shoes?(of course Indians are also using them right now on the name of uniform)

6 Why muslims wear burka,takiyah,etc.

7 Why Lord Rama is half naked, why he never wear shirt and shoes instead of half naked body and open chappals?

8 Why Jesus is fully covered unlike rama?

點贊2200次。

答者背景:

印度人,男,在校大學生,住在薩盧爾。

先說聲對不起,我的答案可能會有點偏題。

但是你看完后會有新的視角,會知道印度人不用衛生紙的根源。

1 為什么印度人從不使用衛生紙?

2 為什么西方人用衛生紙替代水?

3 為什么西方人從不用手吃東西,為什么他們用勺子和叉子?

4 為什么西方人吃面包和肉,而不吃酸辣湯和米飯?

5 為什么西方人打領帶和穿鞋子(當然印度人現在也這樣)

6 為什么穆斯林穿長袍?

7 為什么羅摩神是上身半裸穿涼鞋,為什么他不穿襯衫和鞋子?

8 為什么耶穌是穿長袍,而不像羅摩神一樣半裸?

------------------------------------------------------

although he is not Rama, you can find difference in their clothing.

The only answer to all these questions is: “Climatic conditions”.

Since western countries are so cold so they don’t and can’t use water for cleaning.

As Indians are in tropical hot region where there is no problem of low temperatures, so does Indians use water comfortably.

Westerners can’t use water for washing hands so they use spoons and forks, same applies for toilet paper usage.(i am not saying Westerners are unhygienic but Westerners use different methods to be hygienic .ofcourse Westerners are more hygiene conscious. we all are humans but with differences.)

Since air is too cool they tie their collar and wear shoes to make themselves warm. I think you got answer for all questions.

雖然他不是羅摩神,但是你在穿著方面還是可以發現不同的。

這些所有問題的唯一答案:氣候條件。

由于西方國家太冷,所以不能用水清洗。

印度人在熱帶,氣候炎熱,沒有低溫的問題,所以印度人自然就用水清洗了。

西方人不能用水洗,所以他們用勺子和叉子,這樣也適合用衛生紙。

我不是說西方人不衛生,只是西方人的衛生方式和我們不一樣。

當然西方人也更有衛生意識。我們都是人,但是難免有分歧。

由于氣候太冷,他們打領帶、穿鞋子來保暖。我想你應該得到所有問題的答案了。

---------------------------------

Same way muslims wear burkas to save themselves from blazing sun, gusty winds which carry sand in middle east.[1] Islam started from Arab countries and they have the deserts over there, so men started keeping beard and women started wearing niqab to protect the face from sand. Later, clerics associated these things with Islam.

同樣,穆斯林穿長袍,是為了避免遭受陽光暴曬,也是為了躲避中東地區大風中攜帶的沙子。

伊斯蘭教發源于阿拉伯國家,他們那里都是沙漠。

所以男人們開始蓄胡子、女人們開始戴面紗,防止他們的臉受到沙子的糾纏。

后來,伊斯蘭教的神職人員就把這些跟伊斯蘭教綁定在一起了。

Problem is that western people who colonised several countries across the world made the natives believe that they are inferior to western and the habits only made them superior .

So natives started to follow western habits and feeling as if they were civilised like them.

How can be one civilised without knowing what to wear according to climatic conditions. In tropical region Indians are wearing shoes and socks which usually stinks.

So, stop believing western habits are modern and eastern habits are uncivilised.

The climate is only factor which decides human habits.

Did you enjoy reading ?

問題在于,西方人在世界各地殖民的時候,想著法子讓當地人認為他們不如西方人,這就導致西方的生活習慣讓人看起來充滿了優越感。

所以當地人開始模仿西方的生活習慣和審美,好像這樣就可以和西方人一樣文明了。

一個人不根據氣候條件來穿衣服,怎么可能文明呢?

在熱帶,印度人穿的襪子和鞋子,通常會變得很臭。

所以,不要再相信西方的習慣就是現代的、東方的習慣就是不文明的。

氣候是人們生活習慣的決定性因素。

我說的這些話,喜歡不?

---------------

Francesca F, studied at Sapienza University of Rome

Updated Jun 14, 2017

Ok… I just realised Italians are the exception in west.

It looks like we are the only western population who find it disgusting to use only toilet paper, just like Indians. We absolutely need to wash everything after our affair, with soap and water and hand, even if you just used toilet paper to clean the worst before moving from the toilet bowl to our beloved bidet.

點贊9300次。

答者背景:

意大利人,男,羅馬大學學生,住在羅馬。

好吧······我剛意識到意大利人是西方人中的異類。

看起來我們是唯一和印度人一樣,覺得只用衛生紙很惡心的西方人。

搞完事情后,我們意大利人先用水沖,然后用肥皂洗手。

即使你剛用衛生紙擦完臟東西,然后再從馬桶轉移到心愛的坐浴盆,你也要用肥皂洗手。

---------------

I think using bidet is the best way to clean your intimate parts and I feel we Italians are much closer to Indians than to any other European countries. Both cultures can't bear to go out of the bathroom without feeling completely clean and washing with water is the only way we get that feeling, be it in a bidet or in a bucket.

That said, there is one thing I can't imagine: when I have my period I need to use bidet for at least three times a day… really can't figure out how you manage it…

Please, ignore any mistakes in my english and feel free to suggest edit.

我認為使用坐浴盆,是清洗你的私密部位最好方式。

在這點上,我們比任何歐洲國家都接近印度人。

這兩種文化,都無法容忍感覺沒有完全干凈就從衛生間里出來,用水沖洗是我們得到這種感覺的唯一方法,無論用的是坐浴盆還是水桶。

有一件事可能是你無法想象的:有一段時間,我一天要使用三次坐浴盆。不知道你能不能搞的定。

請忽略我英語表達中的錯誤,有錯你指出,我再編輯下。

回復

使用道具 舉報

QQ|常見問題幫助中心|小黑屋|龍鳳互聯 ( 客服QQ:3609723495和E-mail:[email protected] )

GMT+8, 2020-5-31 05:27 , Processed in 0.046895 second(s), 23 queries .